Lumineers are a specific type of veneer often referred to as “no-prep” veneers. They are thinner (approximately 0.3 mm in thickness), more affordable, and easier to place on the teeth compared to traditional veneers. They are made up of cerinate feldspathic porcelain and are very strong.
Applications of Lumineers
- Lumineers can be used to rectify a variety of dental concerns, including:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Poorly aligned teeth
- Excessive gaps between teeth
- Crooked Teeth
Benefits of Getting Lumineers
- The entire procedure of applying lumineers to your teeth is completely painless.
- Lumineers are sturdy and less prone to cracking.
- Lumineers are the best option for treating discolored and stained teeth. They offer a permanent solution for the most stubborn teeth stains, making your teeth appear perfectly white.
- Lumineers are widely used to bridge minor and major gaps present between your teeth.
- Getting lumineers for your broken or chipped teeth prevents your damaged teeth from further decay.
- Lumineers improve your teeth’ aesthetics, restore the beauty of your smile, and act as a confidence booster.
- Lumineers can effectively fix crooked teeth and restore them to their original form.
- The investment made in getting lumineers for your teeth offers excellent value for money as they usually last for more than ten years.
- Due to the thinness of the lumineers, less enamel removal is required during its application process. This makes the procedure more comfortable, as well as reduces the chair time involved at the dentist.
- During the lumineers application procedure, there is no need for enamel removal. If the patient wishes to remove the lumineer and show their natural tooth again, it can be done easily.
- Lumineers are more translucent than veneers and hence, are perfect for severely discolored and poorly aligned teeth.
- You can have a customized set of lumineers made as per your specific needs, keeping them indistinguishable from the adjoining teeth.
Preparation and Application of Lumineers
After your initial consultation with your dentist, you need to have at least two appointments for the lumineers procedure. During your first appointment, the dentist needs to take an impression of your teeth. There is no need to trim or prep your teeth, such as in the case of dental crowns or veneers.
The digital impression is sent to a dental laboratory to get your customized lumineers fabricated. Meanwhile, there is no need to place any temporary lumineers on the teeth. During the following consultation, we will place them on the teeth, check for a suitable fit, and bond them permanently using dental adhesives.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Chesterfield, MO, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Hawatmeh. Please call us at (314) 576-4462 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.